When a large number of voters contact their elected representatives about an important issue, it sends a clear signal of what the constituents care about, and will influence the representatives’ decision-making process.
Even if our elected officials are already on our side, we should still contact them and praise them for doing the right thing, so that they continue to do the right thing.
On the other hand, if we do not contact our representatives, they will know the issue is not important. In fact, this is what the congressional staffers told us.
Please join our campaigns. If you would like to join our phone squad, please contact us.
Oppose SCOTUS Nomination
Please contact (via phone or website) our NJ Senators to oppose the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh:
- Demand materials and time to review Kavanaugh’s record.
- Stay firm about no confirmation until after midterms.
- Insist that Kavanaugh commit to recusing himself from participating in any court case regarding the President should such a case come before SCOTUS.
Mention that you are a member of Indivisible Monroe and Cranbury (800 voters).
Indivisible Monroe also endorses Senator Sanders’s petition: Tell the U.S. Senate that there should not be a vote on any potential Supreme Court justice until after the American people have had a chance to vote in November and a new Senate is sworn in next January.
Support Campaign Finance Reform
In partnership with Represent.Us, Monroe Indivisible is working to advance “Disclosure & Transparency” Law. Please contact:
- NJ Senator Linda Greenstein (call 609-395-9911 or via the website) and ask her to urge Senator Beach to advance discussion of S-1500 in committee.
- NJ Assemblyman Dan Benson (calll 609-631-0198 or via the website) and ask him to urge Asm. Zwicker to support A-1524 and encourage discussion and passage in committee.
Separating Children from Parents
Our members are calling the White House and Jeff Sessions to protest the administration’s immigration policies.
We adamantly oppose the cruel and unnecessary humanitarian crisis created by the administration, which has separated babies, toddlers and children from their parents. We demand to reunite families NOW and end “zero tolerance”. We support safe borders but expect comprehensive immigration policies that meet the needs of the United States and that are humane and rational.
Please contact us if you would like to participate.
Gun Safety Laws
All six of the gun laws we have supported have passed and await Governor Murphy’s signature.
The NRA has gone into overdrive requesting that their members contact the Governor urging him not to sign.
We must overcome their efforts by insisting that the Governor sign the legislation into law.
Please contact Governor Murphy in one of the following ways:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call his office at 609-292-6000
- Send a postcard to
Honorable Phil Murphy
P. O. Box 001
Trenton, N.J. 08625
Protect Robert Mueller’s Investigation
This week marks one year since Robert Mueller’s appointment as special counsel, and President Trump is ramping up his attacks on Mueller’s investigation. We have to act now to protect the special counsel’s investigation.